We’re seeking a motivated 3D Printer and Laser Technician to help us build a revolutionary ‘lighter than air’ flight vehicle. This will be a dual position that will involve maintenance and operation of 30+ 3D printers as well as our large format C02 Laser Cutter. We believe in fast-cycle development and approach to flight systems development with the motto “build a little, test a little, learn a lot.”
- Maintaining a structured work space: separating good parts from bad, keeping track of part requests, etc.
- Inspecting parts for any visual defects
- Taking measurements with calipers
- Manufacturing parts using various 3D printing technologies, being responsible for all parts of the process, including programming, printing, and post processing
- Programming/operating SLA and FDM machines
- Maintaining printing equipment, including scheduling maintenance as needed
- Manufacturing parts using large format laser cutter, being responsible for all parts of the process, including programming and cutting
- Running scheduling of work and printing/cutting parts to schedule
- Handling inventory of 3D printing and laser cutting supplies and materials
- Collaborating with engineers about printability and recommending production methods
- Maintaining an organized, clean, and safe work environment
- Assisting with general shop operations by managing hand tools, consumables, and acting as initial point of contact for engineer requests
- Managing incoming work requests and priorities
- FDM and SLA 3D Printing experience
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator or similar
- High school diploma required
- B.A. Industrial Design preferred
- Solidworks experience
- Laser cutting experience
Lighter Than Air offers medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.