We’re seeking an A&P Mechanic specializing in systems integration on research and development flight vehicles in Mountain View, CA. In order to help advance our goal of bringing revolutionary airships to life, the Systems Integration A&P will work directly with the appropriate company personnel to organize, plan, and execute the integration of various subsystems. This position will also provide flight operational support as required.
- Coordinating, planning, and performing systems integration activities on the flight vehicle, ensuring all work is conducted in accordance with engineering data, manufacturer’s publications, and FAA guidelines
- Installing, troubleshooting, and maintaining airship subsystems including fuel, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic
- Providing feedback to engineering on installation plans
- Leading and coordinate small teams during the systems integration process
- Using engineering and mechanical drawings, wiring diagrams, and systems schematics to complete work in the absence of manufacturer’s maintenance publications
- Maintaining all airship maintenance records in accordance with current FAA regulations
- Participating in line maintenance activities during flight operations
- Managing spare parts, consumable inventories, and tool control
- Maintaining all airship maintenance equipment, hydraulic power packs, maintenance platforms, and any additional equipment used to support the airship
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
- Minimum 5 years aircraft maintenance experience with a concentration in Systems Integration on advanced research and development flight vehicles
- Subsystem troubleshooting and maintenance experience on fuel, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Proficient in using engineering and mechanical drawings, wiring diagrams, and systems schematics to complete work in the absence of manufacturer’s maintenance publications
- Previous experience managing installation teams
- Compliant with all environmental health and safety policies and procedures
- Proficient in using calibrated tools, calipers, micrometers, torque wrenches, and other hand tools
- Proficient in operating man lifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts, and maintenance platforms
- Familiarity with Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Sheets) and other basic technology
- Ability to obtain a DOT driver license
- FAA Inspection Authorization (IA)
Lighter Than Air offers medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.