We’re seeking Airship Ground Crew to work with our dynamic team of engineers, designers, and technicians to fabricate large structures for experimental flight vehicles. We believe in fast-cycle development and approach flight hardware with the motto “build a little, test a little, learn a lot.”
- Works under the general direction of the Crew Chief, performing duties necessary to maintain safe, efficient operation of the airship.
- Provides a positive public image for Lighter Than Air Research and Exploration and the Airship Operations team to the general public, media outlets, and customers.
- Represents the company and airship operations in a professional and appropriate manner in all aspects on and off the job.
- Assists ground crew in launching and retrieving the airship as required in a safe and acceptable manner, as well as hangar exits and entries.
- Tends to airship management watch in rotation with coworkers, including overnight shifts when the airship is moored on the mast.
- Drives ground service equipment (GSE) pertinent to mission objectives.
- Follows all safety regulations in accordance with company policy and the Department of Transportation.
- Assists airship mechanics and hangar technicians in performing daily tasks as necessary.
- Performs janitorial duties as directed by the Crew Chief/Assistant Crew Chief.
- Valid driver’s license
- Previous aviation experience desired
- Commercial driving experience desired
- Ability to obtain a CDL within 180 days
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to lift 75 or more pounds regularly
- Ability to obtain and pass DOT physical within 90 days
Lighter Than Air offers medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.