We’re hiring an Airship Skin Section Technician to work with our dynamic team of engineers, designers, and technicians to fabricate and integrate large structures for experimental flight vehicles. We believe in fast-cycle development and approach flight hardware with the motto “build a little, test a little, learn a lot.”
- Operates CNC plotter to produce skin section patterns.
- Assembles airship skin sections by hand.
- Tracks material usage and scrap.
- Provides cross-functional to support gas cell assembly.
- Manufacturing experience
- Ability to use a tape measure
- Self-starter, able to work independently or on a team
- Ability to openly communicate ideas and process improvements
- Experience in startup manufacturing
- Computer and software experience (simple data entry and MS Suite)
- High School diploma or GED
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours daily
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work with simple hand tools
Lighter Than Air offers medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.