We’re seeking a Director of Maintenance with experience in the research and development of flight vehicles in Mountain View, CA. In order to help advance our goal of bringing revolutionary airships to life, the Director of Maintenance will work directly with appropriate company personnel to develop and oversee a rapidly growing maintenance department.
- Ensuring all maintenance is conducted in accordance with engineering data, manufacturer’s publications, and FAA guidelines
- Managing team (expanding to 10+ A&Ps and Avionics Techs), including hiring and personnel allotment/scheduling
- Determining inspection intervals and creating procedures for inspections, installations, and repairs
- Directing the development of manuals and maintenance documents
- Collaborating and effectively communicating with Engineering and Flight Operations teams
- Establishing and maintaining records as required by FARs and company policy
- Ensuring safe maintenance operations and compliance with health and safety policies
- Traveling as needed and relocating to OH in the future
- Prior experience in a lead maintenance role such as Director of Maintenance or Manager of Maintenance
- Broad knowledge of and experience with the maintenance of R&D, experimental, or prototype aircraft
- A&P certificate or equivalent military experience required
- IA certificate preferred -Bachelor’s Degree or Program Manager Certificate preferred
- Familiarity with Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Sheets) and other basic technology
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, create solutions, and meet deadlines with little oversight
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to work outside in various weather conditions
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.