We’re seeking a motivated Software Engineer to help build an experimental ‘lighter than air’ flight vehicle in Mountain View, CA. You will work within a dynamic engineering and design team to conceptualize, rapidly prototype, test & implement innovative solutions for the design, fabrication, and assembly of large experimental flight vehicles. We believe in fast-cycle development and approach to flight hardware development with the motto “build a little, test a little, learn a lot”. This unique position allows for hands-on participation through all phases of development, from concept to flight of an experimental aerospace vehicle.
We are seeking a high-energy, passionate software engineer to help develop both infrastructure/testing tools and flight software.
- Participating in the development of flight software for the integrated flight computer
- Designing, coding, and integrating graphical pilot cockpit displays
- Developing and extending simulation of hardware components for SIL/HIL
- Performing and troubleshooting flight hardware bring-up
- Creating ICDs and other technical documentation
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Proficient in C, C++, and Python
- Proficient with Git version control
- Experience with embedded development and real-time operating systems
- Experience with serial data busses such as RS-485 and CAN
- Self-starter with a history of project ownership
- B.S. in computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- Familiarity with NASA’s open-source core Flight System (cFS)
- Experience with ARM-based microcontrollers (STM32 or Teensy)
- Experience with Continuous Integration practices and tools
- Comfortable with CMake build tools
- Experience with Linux kernel development
- Experience with VxWorks
Lighter Than Air offers medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.