We’re seeking an early-career Embedded Systems Engineer to support the research, design, and manufacturing of a novel unmanned and manned aircraft system. This position will be involved in writing flight code and drivers for system devices, as well as researching and documenting novel approaches to many software and GNC-related opportunities. In addition, this position will lead a small group of engineers in the development of other avionics and electronics capabilities.
- Programs flight code.
- Creates drivers.
- Aids in other aerospace projects that need to be completed for the team.
- Leads small groups.
- Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates research and development across parent and subsidiary companies.
- Travels periodically as required to support development activities.
- 0-5 years experience
- Motivated and hardworking
- Ability to work independently on specific tasks
- Works well with others
- Ability to work on a variety of embedded systems related topics
- Ability to work within fast paced design cycles
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or similar
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- Must have transportation
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- Experience with Linux operating system and Linux software development (GCC/g++)
- Preferably experience with the Linux Kernel configuration and development of device drivers
- Command line compiling/linking (Make, CMake, etc)
- Experience with real time operating systems such as NuttX or FreeRTOS
- Experience with microcontrollers other than Arduino
- Experience interfacing with serial devices through RS232/422/485 and/or CAN
- Experience developing in multi-threaded environments (mutex, semaphore, shared memory, message queues, etc).
- Basic knowledge of feedback controllers (PID)
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
Lighter Than Air offers medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.