We’re seeking a Gas Cell Engineer to work with our dynamic team of engineers, designers, and technicians to fabricate and integrate large structures for experimental flight vehicles. We believe in fast-cycle development and approach flight hardware with the motto “build a little, test a little, learn a lot.”
- Selects materials and investigates new materials for future improvements to gas cell technology.
- Specifies gas cell accessories including relief valves and transfer systems.
- Supports investigation of hydrogen as a lifting gas.
- Communicates to leadership and other engineering groups on project status.
- Interfaces with Operations gas cell fabrication and management of production schedule
- Consults on fabrication processes
- Owns all specification and requirements.
- Manages collaborations and consultants.
- Develops test procedures.
- Supervises measurement technicians.
- 15+ years relevant experience
- B.S. engineering, M.S. preferred
- Ability to perform lightweight physical activities relating to supervision of construction on an airship
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work with simple hand tools
- Ability to climb ladders
Lighter Than Air offers medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.