We’re seeking an experienced Hydrogen Program Manager to help us build a ‘lighter than air’ flight vehicle in Mountain View, CA, or Akron, OH. In order to help advance our goal of bringing revolutionary airships to life, the Hydrogen Program Manager will manage external partnerships, ensure safe H2 storage and protocols, and oversee hydrogen fuel cell propulsion systems. We believe in fast-cycle development and approach to flight hardware, with the motto “build a little, test a little, learn a lot.”
- Managing external partnerships with fuel cell vendors and liquid hydrogen storage tanks
- Bringing up H2 facility at Airdock for safety and compliance, bulk H2 storage, and transfer process to flight tank
- Engineering hydrogen fuel cell propulsion system through configuration of 1.5MW airship propulsion system including H2 storage, fuel cells, H2O capture, batteries, stern drive, and smaller electric motors and gear trains and retrofit of 750KW fuel cell system on existing airship
- 15+ years relevant experience including H2 fuel cell required.
- Facilities engineering experience.
- Aerospace background highly preferred.
- Program management experience with large multi-threaded projects.
- B.S. Engineering required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Ability to perform lightweight physical activities relating to supervision of construction on an airship.
- Activities could include climbing ladders, carrying objects less than 25kg, or working with hand tools or instruments.
Lighter Than Air offers medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.