We’re seeking a self-motivated and hard-working Manufacturing Engineer to support the research and development of UAV and manned airships, who will be responsible for designing pre-production and factory production systems, supporting production processes, and transfer of products to production. This individual will support the design, production, test, and system integration of composites and metallic assemblies. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Develops and implements manufacturing process, and provides continuous improvement to enhance quality/yield, reduce cost, and improve productivity/schedule.
- Initiates and leads lean manufacturing process improvement projects.
- Specifies and implements automation equipment and processes.
- Identifies and assists in addressing safety issues on the manufacturing floor.
- Supports manufacturing production planning and coordination, capacity planning, line design, production execution, and operations process development.
- Provides production support to assemblers and leads.
- Documents manufacturing processes and assembly work instructions.
- Designs shop aids and tooling to assist production.
- Dispositions non-conforming parts, identify root cause, and implements corrective and/or preventive action to reduce scrap and rework.
- Collaborates with Design Engineering during prototype, development, and first article manufacturing.
- Assists Design Engineering to ensure quality of product definition data for transfer to production.
- 5-15 years of experience in aerospace manufacturing, processing, and materials knowledge
- Ability to work independently on specific tasks
- Ability to work well with others
- Must have transportation
- Must be U.S. Citizen
- B.S. in engineering or equivalent
- Experience with development and deployment of manufacturing automation while remaining current with technology
- Experience with drawings and BOMs, assembly instructions, engineering change systems, and quality systems for non-conforming parts and corrective action
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing methodologies for waste reduction
- Experience with process mapping and demand flow implementations
- Experience with lamination and bonded assemblies
- Experience with assembly methods and processes for bonded composite and metallic assemblies
- Experience with MRP, MES systems, and databases
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to communicate effectively
- Must be able to talk, listen, and speak clearly on telephone
Lighter Than Air offers medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.