We are seeking a Quality Technician to support LTA’s Safety & Quality team in the quality control of R&D and production of textiles and other materials in Gardnerville, NV.
- Supporting the Safety & Quality organization in the quality control of R&D/production textiles & other pertinent materials
- Evaluating the characteristics of products manufactured onsite & with 3rd party vendors
- Applying independent judgement to the production team to release materials according to engineering/quality specifications
- Generating and applying quality control standards, as required
- Performing incoming inspections within the supply chain
- Compiling data and logging results in an organized fashion
- Performing material testing using industry test standards
- Ensuring that the calibration of all equipment is maintained and up to date
- Working with suppliers on quality issues and RMAs
- Some travel is required, up to 20%
- 1 – 3 years experience as a technician in a manufacturing environment; previous textile or carpet industry experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/G Suite tools
- Ability to operate manufacturing test equipment (i.e. tensile tester, environmental chamber/oven)
- Associate’s degree in textile science, chemistry, or another related field or high school diploma and required minimum years’ work experience in lieu of degree
- Six Sigma training preferred
- Previous experience as a quality technician desired
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Personal mode of transportation required
Lighter Than Air offers medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.