We’re seeking a motivated senior software engineer to help build a revolutionary ‘lighter than air’ flight vehicle. You will work within a dynamic engineering and design team to help plan, conceptualize, rapidly prototype, test and implement innovative solutions for the design, fabrication and assembly of large experimental flight vehicles. We believe in fast-cycle development and approach to flight systems development with the motto “build a little, test a little, learn a lot.” This unique position allows for hand-on contributions through all phases of development, from concept to flight of an experimental aerospace vehicle.
We are seeking a high energy, passionate software engineer to help develop the infrastructure, testing tools, and flight software.
- Supporting the development of flight software for the integrated flight computer
- Designing, coding and integrating graphical pilot cockpit displays
- Developing and extending simulation of hardware components for SIL/HIL
- Performing and troubleshooting flight hardware bring-up
- Creating ICDs and other technical documentation
- 10+ years of experience in a similar role
- Proficient in C, C++ and Python
- Proficient with Git version control
- Experience with embedded development, real time operating systems
- Experience with serial data busses such as RS-485 and CAN
- Self-starter with history of project ownership
- B.S. in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- Familiar with NASA’s open source core Flight System (cFS)
- Experienced with ARM based micro controllers (STM32 or Teensy)
- Experience with Continuous Integration practices and tools
- Comfortable with CMake build tools
- Familiar with Linux kernel development experience
- Experience with VxWorks 7
Lighter Than Air offers medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.