We’re seeking a Test Technician to work with our dynamic team of engineers, designers, and technicians to fabricate large structures for experimental flight vehicles. The test technician role shall support engineers and scientists who use test data to improve quality of components, systems, assemblies, and their associated design/manufacturing processes. They should be comfortable conveying findings in a written and verbal manner. They should be flexible to new situations, have a high attention to detail, an unbiased approach to tests, and quick thinking in dynamic environments. Basic understanding of foundational
mathematics and science required.
- Supporting engineering in all testing tasks as required
- Conducting component, assembly, and systems testing on rigid structures, soft structures and solar/electrical
- Performing calibration tests under real-world conditions
- Examining structures, materials, samples, hardware and instrumentation for flaws or defects
- Monitoring and manipulating instrumentation and processes used to conduct tests
- Identifying root cause of mechanical and electrical issues, performing repairs as required
- Assembling, calibrating, improving, and performing maintenance on machines and software used to perform tests
- Compiling data, detailed test reports, and presenting findings
- Maintaining inventory of hardware and samples
- Maintaining a clean and organized work area
- Working in a safe manner, per company, local, state, and federal policies and regulations
- Training other employees in testing protocol as required
- Other projects or duties as assigned
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- A.S. in Engineering Technology or related field
- Comfort conveying findings in a written and verbal manner
- Flexibility to new situations
- High attention to detail
- Unbiased approach to tests
- Quick thinking in dynamic environments
- Must be able to lift and carry 25 lbs.
Lighter Than Air offers medical, dental, vision, and retirement benefits.
Lighter Than Air is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.